Wed Jan 28 17:34:12 CST 2015 - We have been working with numerous customers this morning that have had intermittent resolution problems. We have checked all of our nameservers and found no problem. We have ultimately isolated the problem to unauthorized "glue" record changes at the domain registrar level. Those glue records were set to another server in China (126.96.36.199) with whom we have no affiliation with. Because we have no affiliation with the Chinese company or server, no records were being resolved by that other server.
We are working with the security and abuse teams from our domain registrar to determine the reason for the change, who made the change, and why we as domain owners were not notified.
Please let us know if you have any questions about this and we will do our best to answer.
We will keep everyone posted here.
Wed Jan 28 21:14:02 UTC 2015 - This issue may affect everyone. However the correct anycast routed server will likely respond more quickly than the invalid server. We do not have an ETA from the domain registrar at this time. We are applying as much pressure as we are able to get this resolved. Unfortunately, the problem is entirely out of our control. Once the registrar corrects their errors, things will begin operating as expected.
None of our user databases have been affected. There has been no data breach at DNS Park. The unauthorized changes happened at the registrar level outside of our control.
Wed Jan 28 21:56:09 UTC 2015 - To give everyone some additional details. The glue records for ns1.dnspark.com, ns2.dnspark.net, and ns3.dnspark.net were all changed at the registrar level. We were able to correct ns1.dnspark.com quickly when we discovered the issue. We are waiting for the registrar on the to correct the other two because of a bug in their system. We are also waiting for a full post-mortem explanation of the problem. We will continue to pester them for additional details and a resolution.
Thu Jan 29 02:14:13 UTC 2015 - It appears as though the glue records have been corrected though we have not heard back from Namecheap or Enom regarding the problems. We will continue to request a full response from them on the matter.